Tuesday, May 5, 2009

The D-Day

On May 1, 2009, I finally gave birth to our baby boy via C-Section. I could have delivered my baby normally but unfortunately, my dilation got stuck at 6 cm. Even if induced, it did not work. Worse, the baby's heart rate was fluctuating; not a good indication of a good contraction. With that, my OB decided that I undergo the C-Section to deliver my baby. Well, i have no choice. I just nodded in agreement to my OB's advice. For my baby's sake, all i can do was whispered a prayer that everything will be ok. The procedure started at around 8:30 am and my baby was out at 9:02 am. It was not that traumatic after all. The procedure just lasted for about 15 minutes, and another 15 minutes in finishing it up - including the cleaning, stitching, etc.

When i heard my baby's first cry, i felt relieved. Indeed, all my hardships and pains vanished the moment i saw my baby. It was all worth it!

3 comments:

nona said...

Ohh...this is so touchy. The picture tells it all. Lahat ng pinagdaanan mo...yung hirap, pain at ang happiness. Congrats glitters. Marami pala akong namiss dito.
Magpalakas ka at panibagong phase na naman sa buhay nating mga mommy ang magpalaki ng anak.
Happy mother's day, belated. :)

Nona said...

And thanks for coming over to my site. :)

acey said...

awww. congratulations!!! :D wonderful blessing! :D