Saturday, February 7, 2009

Shopping for Maternity Clothes


Pregnancy doesn't mean I have to sacrifice my fashion sense. Shopping for maternity clothes is a bit challenging and fun. Challenging because I have to scout for stuff that fits my budget; fun because i like the joy and excitement it gives me knowing that i have new clothes to wear.

On my first trimester, I shopped at SM Department store and bought from Great Expectations. The brand's blouses and jeans are a bit pricey so I have really choose ones that fit me well, pick colors that are not hard to pair with shoes and bags, and consider styles that are easy to mix and match.

Great Expectation's pants give a good fit that deliver a slimmer silhouette. Styles of their clothes are contemporary so a fashionista mom-to-be can still maintain that stylish look. I tried scouting other clothes from other stores like Gingersnaps and Havin' a Baby but for me, designs of Great Expectations are better. Plus, i learned that their branch along Banawe (beside Le Ching Chinese Restaurant) offers 50% discount. I bought some more clothes that I can use for my third trimester. It's really worth it buying there. The staffs are kind and very accommodating. They also gave me two pink umbrellas as freebies. They have stores in Trinoma and SM Malls but I suggest that you shop at their Banawe branch so you can dig into the stack of their discounted clothes. Regular-priced items and new arrivals are also available at Banawe branch.

No comments: